What sets this game apart from other blockchain games? edit
One of the major challenges facing crypto games is the high entry barrier that can make it difficult for players to access and enjoy the game. In order to play most crypto games, players must have a basic understanding of cryptocurrencies, wallets, and tokens, and may also need to navigate different blockchain networks. These requirements can create friction and make it difficult for players to get started with the game.
In contrast, Pulsar has a simple install & play mechanic and a free-to-play web2 funnel that allows players to experience the game without the wallet or the need to pay.
To make the game accessible for both web3 players or the web2 players who want to move further in the Pulsar journey, the NFTs prices are pegged to the dollar, so we have a constant entry cost of NFTs despite the price of the tokens accepted in the shop.
Additionally, we offer a cross-chain minting and the option to use a variety of payment methods, including native gas tokens of 6 different blockchains, stablecoins and credit cards. This eliminates the need for players to have a deep understanding of cryptocurrencies or to use a specific token or exchange what makes it easier for them to start playing the game.
On top of that, the value of NFTs grows while people play the game as the players are able to level them up and sell them on the marketplace. In that manner we maintain the high level NFTs prices growing, while we as a project sell only entry level NFTs in our shop.
Last but not least, Pulsar is fun to play. It is designed by web2 game developers, who have spent years on building successful tripleA and mobile games, so they put a strong pressure on creating the fun game dynamics to keep interest in the long run. The best way to experience that is to try out the current game version which is available on our website.
What are some of the game's unique features or mechanics? edit
1) Pulsar improves the RTS experience by breaking up the mining, building, and fighting aspects into separate classes. This allows players to focus on the aspect of the game they enjoy most, and allows Pulsar to expand its total addressable market.
2) The team has built a very replayable game mechanic that allows players specialized as miners to build drills and go underground. If players go deeper underground, they may find more resources but as the aliens live close to the planet centre, there is a much bigger chance to encounter more aliens even if you have a high security land.
3) Players can join the game for free and play using other players’ units on other players' land. As a tradeoff, they need to pay the taxes to the owners. So, it is possible for a player to buy land and units, rent it to free-to-play players and earn a tax out of the resources accumulated by them. We believe that with this mechanic Pulsar will bridge the free to play web2 players into web3, as users can start for free, but to trade the earned in-game assets, they need to connect the wallet. Additionally, to avoid in-game taxes, some people might decide to start playing on their own land and with their own NFTs and to do that they will also need to connect the wallet.
4) The in-game currency, $PLSR, will be mined from the land using workers and refineries, which are NFTs. New tokens enter the market when miners sell them.
5) Players will be able to buy resources & higher level NFTs from other players through the marketplace - we sell only level1 NFTs, so that creates a players-driven market for the high-level units.
6) We also understand that user generated content is king, so yes, we’re going to give this to the players as well. We will give them the opportunity to build maps & missions and sell those experiences in our marketplace. The goal for that is 2024.
What types of players do you think will enjoy this game the most? edit
Pulsar is a massively multiplayer online RTS inspired by games like Starcraft, Command and Conquer, and Diablo. The game has PVE and PVP gameplay balanced for players of all types - which means that both casual and competitive players can explore the world of Pulsar.
Our team has built Pulsar to be accessible to both Web 2 and Web 3 players by allowing players to start playing without minting NFTs or configuring a wallet. Free to play and pay to play on ramps cater to players of different types, and compatibility with PC, Mac, mobile, and tablets allow us to address as many players as possible.
We offer a cross-chain minting and the option to use a variety of payment methods, including native gas tokens of 6 different blockchains, stablecoins and credit cards. This eliminates the need for players to have a deep understanding of cryptocurrencies or to use a specific token or exchange what makes it easier for them to start playing the game.
$PLSR will be the main currency within the game. Raw Pulsar will be mined from the land and refined into $PLSR (on-chain) by using workers and refineries (NFTs).
Can you describe the game's premise in a few sentences? edit
At a high level, Pulsar is an MMO real-time strategy game with a 4x economy. It’s available for PC and macOS and will be available on mobile, and tablets within the second half of 2023. The game is inspired by the battle system like in StarCraft and unit progression and dungeon replayability like in the Diablo series.
Pulsar improves the RTS experience by breaking up the mining, building, and fighting aspects into separate classes. This allows players to focus on the aspect of the game they enjoy most, and allows Pulsar to expand its total addressable market.